This Research Topic invites original scientific contributions on topics including:
- Assessment of recent trends of hydrological, hydrodynamic, morphodynamic, and ecological processes in coastal and transitional areas.
- Physical and statistical downscaling of meteo-oceanic processes in climate change scenarios.
- Adaptation, protection, and re-alignment under climate change for coastal and transitional areas
- Coastal structural design and classical interventions (e.g. nourishment) in a climate change context.
- Innovative “Nature-based Solutions” for adaptation to climate change in a climate change context.
- Policy frameworks for adaptation of coastal and transitional areas under climate change.
- EU Directives and agreements for the sustainability of coastal and transitional areas under climate change.
- Maintenance of “Nature-based Solutions” under climate change and economic crises.
- Coastal social-ecological synergies to facilitate adaptation under climate change.
- Healthy coastal areas and transitional ecosystems to provide climate regulation service (e.g. Blue Carbon)
More information are available at: Link.